The Protection Policy of Ansari Charity Trust around the world requires the application of measures to guarantee the integral security of the children and adolescents with whom we work in South Africa.
This policy contemplates the following principles:
- All actions must be governed by a rights-based approach that encompasses the best interests of girls and boys, non-discrimination, participation and survival and development.
- All children must have access to a dignified, full and democratic life.
- All children have the same right to be protected from any violation of their rights.
- We will promote the evolution of the potential, the competences and the faculties of children, motivating them to develop their self-protection.
- All adults are guarantors of the rights of children and we have the responsibility to support their care and protection.
- As an institution that works with partner organizations, volunteers and society in general, Ansari Charity Trust is obliged to guarantee that, in the areas of joint work, all these instances comply with the security measures that are defined, as well as the established Code of Conduct , qualifying the behavior that is expected of them and them in their interaction with both girls and boys, as in the rest of the people with whom they live in the project.
On these bases, intervention actions should be defined considering the identification and mitigation of any possible risk of abuse, neglect, trafficking, labor or sexual exploitation for girls and boys and should incorporate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms that guarantee their safety.